Thursday, November 1, 2012

Felt by Heart: Personalized Felted Pets by Kim Grotle

My friend Kim is a felt artist! She makes one-of-a-kind creations in wool.


Kim hand-makes heartFelt creations of your favorite four-footed friends. Under the astute eye of her kitty Sneakers, Kim's creatures come to life in her studio in Metaline Falls, located in northeastern Washington State. My wotten waven special vet Dr. Ward introduced Mom to Kim's felt art.

What is inside Tootsie's Trunk? What is inside the little heart bag?


A little Felt Me! There are two of me!


Do you see my red cape?


Kim also made me a hula skirt that I can wear for special occasions.


And a beret for Mom's trip to Paris where Felt Me starred in a reading called "The Figurine Show," which my mom presented at a conference called &NOW.


Kim also made Mom a wool felt purse, featuring Felt Me. It's beautiful. There's a lucky paw charm on the side.


I love the interior of my purse: lots of doxies wearing sweaters. The envelope holds a sweet card Kim wrote to my mom.


I think Kim's felt creations make perfect gifts. Mom had Kim make a special Yugi doggy for Yugi's Mom. (But shhhhhh... Mom just mailed the gift to Yugi's Mom the other day.)

Here is Felt Yugi; he has a cape and a Frisbee. Can you see his ball, too? He also has a little felt trunk to carry his special things.


Felt Yugi has a little red heart, and so does Felt Me.


Please contact Kim Grotle directly to order a special felt creation. She works from photographs and has a wonderful sense of each pet. She captured my coy Tootsie smile. And this past summer Kim won a pink ribbon Judges' Choice Award at the Pend Oreille County Fair fair for her special humane society felt pet diorama. Wotten waven!

Felt by Heart / Kim Grotle Contact E-mail:

pinkykitty [at] att [dot] net

Thank you, Kim, for your heartFelt creations!


13 comments:

  1. Your little felt miniature is just perfect Tootsie. I do believe that a wire-haired fox terrier, especially one such as myself with particularly handsome markings (though I say so myself), would come out well in felt too. Can you help me persuade Gail?
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gail:

      A Felt Bouncing Bertie is a must. We think it would turn out perfectly, especially with Bertie's particularly handsome markings! May we persuade you?!

      Keep on wagging,
      Love,
      Tootsie & her mom

      Delete
  2. Awwwe! That felted mini you is adorable! Kim is one talented lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing! Some folks are really blessed with talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are pawsome! Felt You is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are wonderful! Little felt you is adorable. Kim is very talented. Captured the real you.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow. The little Felt You (!!) was beautiful. What a lucky Tootsie you are. We woof your blog! Thanks for visiting us too! We'll be keeping and eye on you! RooOOoodles, Bobby & Finlay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christa taking dictation from BrunoNovember 2, 2012 at 9:47 AM

    Wow. Stunning. This post is being forwarded right before the holidays! I suspect Kim is going to be very busy employing her wonderful talents! I want one! So do my pibble cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little felt you. The cape for Yugi is awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is some talent! Thanks for sharing Kim with us all.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have something for you! Check it out here....http://dogsnpawz.com/getting-a-blog-award-is-the-best.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those would make really special gifts! I love the felt Doxie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...